Panama - Panama City (PDF Chapter)
This is the Panama City chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
The most cosmopolitan capital in Central America, Panama City is both vibrant metropolis and gateway to tropical escapes. Its cultural cocktail mix leads to a refreshing ‘anything goes’ attitude, more dynamic and fluid than that of its neighbors.
- catch a performance at one of historic Casco Viejo’s most striking venues, the Teatro Nacional, nestled among crumbling colonials, soaring churches and grand plazas
- reconnect with the past at the ruins of the original city, Panamá Viejo
- hike through 265 hectares of rainforest, just 10 minutes from downtown, in Parque Natural Metropolitano
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities & Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.