Panama - Darien Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Darién Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
One of the world’s richest biomes is the 5790-sq-km Parque Nacional Darién, where the pri-meval meets the present with scenery nearly unchanged in a million years. The waterways and hiking trails are the only ways to explore the slow-paced interior.
- search for capybara while exploring Reserva Natural Punta Patiño, a lush jungle reserve on the edge of the Golfo de San Miguel
- hike along the spectacular jungle trails surrounding Rancho Frío, a ranger station on the edge of Parque Nacional Darién
- look for harpy eagles and interact with the Emberá people in far-flung Playa Muerto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lago Bayano, Ipetí & Around, Puerto Lara, Metetí, Yaviza & Around, Parque Nacional Darién, El Real, Pijibasal, Rancho Frío, Interior Darién, La Pal-ma, Reserva Natural Punta Patiño, Mogué, Río Sambú, Sambú, Pacific Coast, Jaqué & Around, Playa Muerto.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.