Panama - Darien Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Darién Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Home to the 5760-sq-km Parque Nacional Darién, with scenery nearly unaltered from one million years ago, much of Darién remains untouched due to its volatile reputation. It’s not for everyone, but with careful planning and the right destinations, intrepid travellers can discover something truly wild.
- hike along the spectacular jungle trails surrounding Rancho Frío
- visit indigenous communities and enjoy the dreamy setting of ecolodge Filo de Tallo
- help to rescue marine turtles in the Pacific Ocean community of Jaqué
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Metetí, Yaviza, El Real, Rancho Frío, La Palma, Reserva Natural Punta Patiño Mogué, Río Sambú, Sambú, Pacific Coast, Jaqué
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.