Panama - Comarca De Guna Yala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Comarca de Guna Yala chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guide-book.
With white sand and waving palms, the islands of the turquoise Archipiélago de San Blas of the Comarca de Guna Yala are a vision of paradise. This is home to the Guna people, the first indige-nous group in Latin America to gain autonomy.
- interact with the Guna, a fiercely independent people who maintain their traditions in a changing world
- cruise white-sand cays, swim in clear waters and soak up the sunrise on a sailboat
- shop the community islands for molas, traditional Guna textiles that have become the nation-al handicraft of Panama
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gardi (Cartí) Islands & Around, Cayos Limones & Chi-cheme, Río Sidra (Mamartupu & Urgandi) & Western Islands, Cayos Los Grullos, Holandeses & Ordupuquip, Aggwanusadub (Corazón de Jesús), Yandup (Narganá) & Central Islands, Uggubseni (Playón Chico) & Eastern Islands, Assudub (Achutupu) & Uaguinega, The Road to Gardi (Car-tí).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.