Panama - Comarca de Guna Yala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Comarca de Guna Yala chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
With white sand and waving palms, these Caribbean islands cheat no one’s version of paradise. The Comarca is home to the Guna, the first group in Latin America to gain indigenous autonomy, many of whom make tenacious efforts to preserve a traditional way of life.
- shop the community islands for molas, traditional Guna textiles
- camp on sandy beaches and live the adventure of a motorboat trip to Colombia
- snorkel aquamarine waters through reefs and wrecks in the magical Cayos Holandeses
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Guna, Cartí & Around, East Lemon, Chichime Cays, Corazón de Jesús, Narganá, Playón Chico & nearby islands, Achutupu & nearby islands
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.