Panama - Colon Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Colón Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Colón Province is much, much more than its run-down capital. Think pristine beaches and low-land rainforests, colonial splendour, Portobelo’s music and art scene, and the modern engineering marvel of the Panama Canal.
- ride through lush vistas in a period carriage heading from Panama City to Colón along the historic Panama Canal Railway
- explore hallowed colonial ruins or find festival frenzy in Portobelo, once the Caribbean’s most important port
- live out your Pirates of the Caribbean fantasy at Fuerte San Lorenzo, a historic Spanish for-tress that stands guard over the Caribbean
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Colón & Around, Área Protegida San Lorenzo, Por-tobelo, Puerto Lindo, Isla Grande.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.