Panama - Cocle Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Coclé Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Coclé boasts a wide variety of landscapes, from all-but-abandoned coastline to towering cloud forests, with vast agricultural land in between. With its southern side stretching along the Pacific Ocean for upwards of 100km, the province claims some of the country’s most beautiful beach-es.
- climb up to waterfalls, call on the uber-rare golden frog and browse the handicrafts market in lovely El Valle
- feast by the sea on fresh fish with patacones (fried plantains) and stroll along the endless sands around Farallón
- shop for an authentic Panama hat or get caught up in the madness of one of the Penono-mé’s festivals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: El Valle, Santa Clara, Farallón & Playa Blanca, Antón, Penonomé, La Pintada, Reserva Privada Távida, Parque Nacional Omar Torrijos, Natá, Aguadul-ce.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.