Panama - Cocle Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Coclé Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Coclé counts a wide variety of landscapes, from all-but-abandoned coastline to towering cloud forests. The province claims some of the country’s most beautiful beaches, which are a magnet at the weekend for day-trippers from nearby Panama City.
- hike to El Valle’s waterfalls, pay a call on the golden frog and browse the handicrafts market in this lovely highland town
- feast on Farallón fresh fish with patacones (fried plantains), and stroll along the endless sands
- shop for an authentic Panama hat at Penonomé and get caught up in one of the regional capital’s festivals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: El Valle, Santa Clara, Farallón & Playa Blanca, Antón, Penonomé, La Pintada, Reserva Privida Távida, Parque Nacional Omar Torrijos, Parque Arqueológico del Caño, Natá, Aguadulce.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.