Panama - Chiriqui Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiriquí Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Panama guidebook.
Chiriquí claims to have it all: Panama’s tallest mountains, longest rivers and most fertile valleys. The province is home to spectacular highland rainforests and mist-covered mountains, long sandy beaches with a rich diversity of marine life – and excellent local coffee.
- fuel up for highland adventures with local mountain-grown coffee in Boquete, the town of eternal spring
- ascend Volcán Barú for views of both the Pacific and Atlantic coastlines – provided the weather is clear
- hike through cloud forests in search of the elusive quetzal in Sendero Los Quetzales
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lowlands, David & Around, Playa Barqueta, Golfo de Chiriquí, Playa Las Lajas, Highlands, Boquete & Around, Parque Nacional Volcán Barú, Volcán, Santa Clara, Bambito, Cerro Punta, Guadalupe, Parque Internacional La Amistad (Las Nubes), The Fortuna Road.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation