Pacific Northwest's Best Trips - Washington (PDF Chapter)
This is the Washington chapter from Lonely Planet’s Pacific Northwest’s Best Trips guidebook.
Washington State has more than its share of epic drives, whether your ideal scenery consists of winding roads through thick forest, high cliffs overlooking a frothy sea, or wide-open wheat fields across rolling hills.
- meander off the main road for bucolic trails on the Mountains to Sound Greenway trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore the Tolkien-meets-Twilight surreal wet forest of the Olympic Peninsula Loop
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take a maritime history lesson on the Graveyard of the Pacific Tour
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Mountains to Sound Greenway, Olympic Peninsula Loop, Graveyard of the Pacific Tour, San Juan Islands Scenic Byway, Chuckanut Drive & Whid-bey Island, Cascade Drive.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map