Pacific Northwest's Best Trips - British Columbia (PDF Chapter)
This is the British Columbia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Pacific Northwest’s Best Trips guidebook.
Follow winding roads into the deep forests of northern Vancouver Island, where bald eagles patrol and black bears munch dandelions, or point your wheels north toward Whistler, where dramatic glazed mountaintops scrape the sky.
- brave suspension bridges and relive pioneer life in a dramatic mountain valley on the Vancouver & the Fraser Valley trip
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- go from coastal towns to snowy peaks with classic BC sights and views en route on the Sea to Sky Highway
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- encounter some of BC’s largest trees, contemporary fishing villages and an awe-inspiring ferry ride on the Strait Hop trip
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Vancouver & the Fraser Valley, Sea to Sky Highway, A Strait Hop, Southern Vancouver Island Tour, Vancouver Island’s Remote North, Okanagan Valley Wine Tour.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.