Outback Australia Road Trips - Uluru & the Red Centre Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Uluru & the Red Centre Road Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Outback Australia Road Trip guidebook.
Welcome to Australia’s Red Centre, home to the country’s most magnifi cent and utterly unforgettable outback landmarks – Uluru, the Olgas, Kings Canyon and the MacDonnell Ranges.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Kings Canyon, Alice Springs, Standley Chasm (Angkerle), Hermannsburg, Ellery Creek Big Hole, Ormiston Gorge and Tyler Pass Lookout.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation