*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Bahrain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bahrain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Bahrain has a rough exterior that takes some prising open, but it’s always worth the effort. The storied location of ancient Dilmun and the epicentre of the Gulf’s pearling past – Bahrain has a history to reflect on with pride.
- immerse yourself in the past at Bahrain National Museum then skip forward centuries to Bahrain National Theatre
- take a 16th-century view of the sea from the battlements of Bahrain Fort
- shop for gold, perfumes, medicinal herbs and mango ice cream in Manama Souq
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Manama, Around Bahrain Island, Bahrain Fort Complex, A’Ali, Sar, King Fahd Causeway, Al Jasra, Riffa Fort, Bahrain International Circuit, Al Areen, Tree of Life, Oil Museum, Muharraq Island, Dar Island, Understand Bahrain, Bahrain Today, History, People & Society, Arts, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.