Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - United Arab Emirates (PDF Chapter)
This is the United Arab Emirates chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
For most people, the United Arab Emirates means just one place: Dubai, the sci-fi-esque city of iconic skyscrapers, palm-shaped islands and city-sized malls. But beyond the glitter awaits a diverse mosaic of six more emirates.
- shop till you drop at Dubai Mall, then soar to the top of the Burj Khalifa and finish up with cocktails at the iconic Burj Al Arab hotel
- visit Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and getting some kicks at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- catch a glimpse of the pre-oil days in Sharjah’s atmospheric Heritage Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dubai, Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, Hatta, Nothern Emirates, Sharjah, Sharjah Desert Park, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Al Gharbia, East Coast, Fujairah City, Khor Fakkan, Badiyah, Al Aqah, Dibba, Understand the United Arab Emirates, History, Government & Politics, Economy, People & Society, Arts, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.