*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Saudi Arabia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Saudi Arabia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
The birthplace and spiritual home of Islam, Saudi Arabia is as rich in attractions as it is in stirring symbolism. It is also one of the most difficult places on Earth to visit.
- marvel at Madain Saleh, the ‘other Petra’, with its evocative tombs in a sublime desert setting
- dive the dazzling depths of Saudi’s Red Sea and spotting sharks, sea turtles and stunning coral reefs at Yanbu
- meander among the old merchants’ houses, ancient markets and myriad museums of Jeddah’s old city and enjoying delicious coffee and conversation along the corniche
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Riyadh, Camel Market & Around, Dir’aiyah, Riyadh to Mecca, Hejaz, Jeddah, Taif, Yanbu, Madain Saleh & the North, Al Ula and around, Madain Saleh, Tabuk and around, Mecca, Understand Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia Today, History, People, Religion, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.