Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Qatar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Qatar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Just over a decade ago, we labelled Qatar one of the most boring places on Earth. Now it’s fast becoming one of the most exciting, racing headlong into the future without losing sight of its past – and it’s one pretty exciting ride.
- step into the past in the cardamom-scented alleyways of Souq Waqif
- ruffle feathers at the Falcon Souq by bidding for a peregrine
- join the locals in a game of aldama while smoking a sheesha at Majlis Al Dama
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Doha and around, Al Wakrah & Al Wukair, Mesaieed, Khor Al Adaid, Umm Salal Mohammed, Umm Salal Ali, Al Khor, Al Ghariya, Al Ruweis & Around, Al Zubara, Bir Zekreet, Understand Qatar, Qatar Today, History, People, Arts, Environment and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Understand Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)