Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Oman (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oman chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Oman doesn’t boast many ‘firsts’ or ‘biggests’ in a region bent on grandstanding. What it does boast, with its rich heritage and embracing society, is a strong sense of identity, a pride in an ancient, frankincense-trading past and confidence in a highly educated future.
- haggle with carpet sellers of Jebel Shams on a precipice above Wadi Ghul
- survey the flat panorama of the Batinah region from the battlements of Nakhal Fort
- ramble around the battlements of Bahla Fort, a Unesco World Heritage Site
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Muscat and around, Seeb, Bandar Jissah, Yitti, Wadi Mayh, Bandar Khayran, Al Seifa, Qurayat, Mazara, Sur & the Eastern Coast, Sur, Ayjah, Sinkhole Park (Hawiyat Najm Park), Mountain Road to Jaylah, Tiwi, Wadi Shab, Wadi Tiwi, Qalhat, Ras al Jinz, Ras al Hadd, Al Ashkarah, Al Ashkarah to Shana’a Road, Masirah, Jalan Bani Bu Hassan & Jalan Bani Bu Ali, Al Kamil, Wadi Bani Khalid, Jaylah, Wadi Khabbah & Wadi Tayein, Al Mintirib, Sharqiya (Wahiba) Sands, Ibra, Sinaw, Nizwa & the Mountains, Nizwa and around, Mountain Road via Hatt & Wadi Bani Awf, Birkat Al Mawz, Jebel Akhdar, Jebel Shams, Bahla & Jabrin, Bat & Al Ayn, Ibri, Buraimi, Sohar & the Batinah Plain, Sohar, Nakhal, Wadi Bani Kharus, Wadi Bani Awf, Rustaq, Wadi Hoqain, Barka, Sawadi, Damanayat Islands, The Musandam Peninsula, Khasab, Khasab-Tibat Road, The Musandam Khors, Jebel Harim, Rawdah Bowl, Salalah, Dhoffar & Southern Oman, Salalah and around, East of Salalah, West of Salalah, Shisr (Ubar), Hayma, Duqm, Understand Oman, Oman Today, History, People & Society, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.