Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - United Arab Emirates (PDF Chapter)
This is the United Arab Emirates chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
For many, the UAE means Dubai: the sci-fi-esque city of iconic skyscrapers, palm-shaped is-lands, city-sized malls, indoor ski slopes and palatial beach resorts. But beyond the glitter awaits a diverse mosaic of six more emirates, each with its own character and allure.
- soar up Dubai’s Burj Khalifa before cocktails at the Burj Al Arab
- gaze at the magnificence of Sheikh Zayed Mosque, then at the collection under the Louvre Abu Dhabi’s dome
- soak up the Empty Quarter’s rippling dune beauty at Liwa Oasis
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dubai & Around, Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Hatta, Northern Emirates, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi, Eastern Abu Dhabi Emirate, Al Ain, Al Dhafra, Madinat Zayed, Liwa Oasis, Jebel Dhanna, Sir Bani Yas Island, Fujairah & the Eastern Coast, Fujairah City, Khor Fakkan, Al Aqah, Dibba, Kalba, Under-stand the United Arab Emirates, UAE Today, History, Government & Politics, People & Society, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.