Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Understand Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Arabian Peninsula Today, History, People & Society, Arts, Sports & Leisure, Islam in Arabia, Flavours of Arabia, The Natural Environment, Safe Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabi-an Peninsula guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, Islam and the environment to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the best food and drink on the peninsula
- info on Islam, people and society in Arabia
- full coverage of the history of the region and its rapid transformation
- details on the pristine shores, golden dunes and high mountains of the peninsula
Coverage includes: Arabian Peninsula Today, History, People & Society, Arts, Sports & Leisure, Islam in Arabia, Flavours of Arabia, The Natural Environment, Safe Travel, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience