Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Saudi Arabia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Saudi Arabia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsu-la guidebook.
The birthplace and spiritual home of Islam, Saudi Arabia is rich in attractions and stirring symbolism. For Muslims, the cities of Mecca and Medina, rich in Prophetic significance, have no equal.
- wander beneath coral architecture and look for bargains in the country’s biggest souq in Jeddah
- admire the country’s greatest open-air gallery of sophisticated ancient rock art at Jub-bah
- stare in awe at the hypnotic tawaf (circumnavigation of the Kaaba) inside the world’s big-gest mosque at Mecca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Riyadh, Hejaz, Jeddah, Taif, Mecca, Medina, Yanbu, Northern Saudi Arabia, Al Ula, Madain Saleh, Tabuk, Al Wajh, Central Najd, Buraydah, Eastern Province, Al Hofuf, Dammam, Southern Saudi Arabia, Abha, Jazan, Farasan Islands, Under-stand Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia Today, History, People, Religion, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.