Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Qatar (PDF Chapter)
This is the Qatar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Qatar is developing rapidly, with the capital Doha a world-class city in the making, thanks to its spectacular modern skyline, peerless Museum of Islamic Art, a fine and expansive traditional souq, and burgeoning arts and culinary scenes.
- step into the past in the cardamom-scented alleyways of Souq Waqif
- view the world’s largest collection of Islamic treasures at the Museum of Islamic Art
- ruffle feathers by bidding for a peregrine at the Falcon Souq
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Doha, Al Wakrah & Al Wukair, Mesaieed, Khor Al Adaid, Al Khor, Al Zubarah, Bir Zekreet, Understand Qatar, Qatar Today, History, People, Arts, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.