Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Oman (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Oman chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
With an abundance of natural beauty, from spectacular mountains and wind-blown deserts to a long coastline, Oman is the obvious choice for those intrigued by the modern face of Arabia, while still wanting to sense its ancient soul.
- haggle with carpet sellers on a precipice above Wadi Ghul at Jebel Shams
- survey the flat panorama of the Batinah region from the battlements of Nakhal Fort
- ramble around the battlements of Unesco World Heritage Site Bahla Fort
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Muscat & Around, Seeb, Bandar Jissah, Jebel Seifa, Qurayat, Mazara, Eastern Coast, Tiwi, Sur, Ayjah, Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve, Ras Al Hadd, Al Ashkharah, Shana’a, Masirah Island, Jalan Bani Bu Ali, Selma Plateau, Al Kamil, Al Mintirib, Al Wasil, Ibra, Hajar Mountains, Nizwa, Birkat Al Mawz, Jebel Akhdar, Tanuf, Sharfat Al Alamayn, Al Hamra, Misfat Al Abriyyin, Jebel Shams, Bahla & Jabreen, Al Ayn, Ibri, Buraimi, Batinah Plain, Sohar, Nakhal, Wakan, Al Awabi, Rustaq, Mussanah, Barka, Al Sawadi, Musandam, Khasab, The Khors, Jebel Harim, Western Coast, Dhofar, Salalah, Eastern Salalah Plain, Jebel Samhan, Mirbat, Hasik, Western Salalah Plain, Shisr, Al Hashman, Al Wusta, Haima, Duqm, Understand Oman, Oman Today, History, People & Society, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Sur-vival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.