Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Kuwait (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kuwait chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Kuwait remains an oasis in a land of desert plains, and visitors may be surprised by the intri-guing attractions on offer, from excellent museums and galleries to a fine souq, to a corniche with beaches and lively restaurants.
- catch a sense of Kuwait’s living history at bustling, authentic Souq Mubarakiya
- marvel at the bulbous Kuwait Towers, an icon of the nation
- admire ancient artefacts from the region’s rich past at Dar Al Athar Al Islamiyya
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kuwait City & Around, Failaka Island, Al Ahmadi, Mi-na Alzour & Al Khiran, Al Jahra, Mutla Ridge, Understand Kuwait, Kuwait Today, History, People, Religion, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience