Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula - Bahrain (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bahrain chapter from Lonely Planet’s Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula guidebook.
Like an oyster, Bahrain has a rough exterior that takes some prising open, but it’s worth the effort for its growing art and foodie scene and wealth of activities enjoyed on its azure waters.
- explore the narrow streets and alleyways of Manama Souq
- plunge into the azure waters like a seasoned pearl diver and seek your fortune on a pearl diving tour
- put your feet up and enjoy street food with a 70-year heritage at Haji’s Cafe 1950
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Manama, Muharraq Island, Around Bahrain Island, Bahrain Fort & Museum, A’Ali, Saar, Al Jasra, Riffa & Around, Bahrain International Circuit, Al Areen, Tree of Life, Oil Museum, Sitra & Al Dar Islands, Understand Bahrain, Bahrain Today, History, People & Society, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.