Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Understand Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history: pirates, Vikings and settlers moved in while others got kicked out, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the long winters that keep everyone inside to get creative. In summer,out comes the music, and festivals attract international acts
- info on Atlantic Canadian art, from photo-perfect paintings of bucolic bliss to statues of fishers carved from old logs, creativity flows freely here
- full coverage of food and drink, whether simple or transformed by the hands of master chefs, Atlantic Canada’s seafood and earthly bounty is nothing short of spectacular
- details on landscape and wildlife including whales, moose and fossils
Coverage includes: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island Today: There’s No Place Like Home and Getting Creative, History: The First Fishers, Age of European Discovery, Settlers Move In, French & English at War, Memo to Acadians: Get Out, A Perfect Union in Prince Edward Island, World Wars and Modern Times, Maritimes Music: Aboriginal, Scottish & Irish, Acadian, African Influences and Top Festivals, Atlantic Canadian Art: Where to Find What, Aboriginal, Folk Art, Marine-Inspired Art and Realism, Food & Drink: Bounty from the Sea, Earthly Delights, Bottoms Up!, Celebrations, Where to Eat & Drink, Vegetarians & Vegans and Habits & Customs, Landscape & Wildlife: A Geologist’s Dream, Critters of the Great North, Plants and Environmental Issues, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.