Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Prince Edward Island (PDF Chapter)
This is the Prince Edward Island chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island guide-book.
Fringed by grassy bluffs, flat pastures and miles of rust-red sand, Prince Edward Island (PEI) presents a postcardworthy picture of pastoral Canada. Famed for its shellfish, lobsters and oys-ters, the island excels in farm-to-table dining and modern Canadian cuisine.
- wander the elegant streets of Charlottetown, PEI’s compact capital
- follow in Anne of Green Gables’ fictional footsteps around the home of author LM Mont-gomery
- step on the strange squeaking sands of far-easterly Basin Head Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Charlottetown, Eastern Prince Edward Island, Wood Islands, Montague & Georgetown, Souris & Around, St Peter’s Bay to Mt Stewart, Central Prince Edward Island, Victoria, Prince Edward Island National Park, Brackley Beach, Rustico & North Rustico, New Glasgow, New London, Kensington, Cavendish, Western Prince Edward Island, Summerside, Tyne Valley.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation