Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island - Nova Scotia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nova Scotia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island guidebook.
Facing the restless swells of the Atlantic, Nova Scotia is a place that’s steeped in the sea. With its candy-striped lighthouses, salty fishing towns and towering red cliffs, this Maritime prov-ince feels thrillingly rugged and wild.
- drive Cape Breton’s snaking coastal road on the Cabot Trail
- learn about the immigrant experience at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- wander the orderly streets of the model colonial town of Lunenburg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Halifax & Around, Dartmouth, Peggy’s Cove, South Shore, Chester, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Liverpool, Kejimkujik National Park, Shelburne, Aca-dian Shores, Yarmouth, French Shore, Annapolis Valley, Digby, Long Island & Brier Island, An-napolis Royal, Wolfville & Grand Pré, Central Nova Scotia, Parrsboro, Advocate Harbour, Sunrise Trail, Tatamagouche, Pictou, Antigonish, Cape Breton Island, Ceilidh Trail, Cabot Trail, Baddeck, Sydney & North Sydney, Eastern Shore.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.