Norway - Trondelag (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trøndelag chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Trøndelag, where Norway begins to narrow and head for the Arctic, may be small but it sure packs a lot in. Trondheim is the centrepiece, a beguiling city brimful of historic architecture, in-cluding Nidaros Cathedral, Scandinavia’s largest medieval structure.
- explore Norway’s most sacred building and one of its most handsome, Nidaros Cathe-dral
- step back to the dawning of Norway at the place where St Olav was martyred, Stikles-tad
- cross Trondheim’s Gamle Bybro to eat at marvellous Baklandet Skydsstasjon, then down to Solsiden for a drink
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trondheim, The Route North, Stiklestad, Steinkjer, Namsos, Rørvik, Leka.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.