*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Norway - The Western Fjords (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Western Fjords chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Gouged and scoured by glaciers, ancient and modern, western Norway’s deep, sea-drowned valleys are pincered by steep, rugged terrain. It’s a landscape that is so utterly unique and so profoundly beautiful that it is one of the most desirable destinations in the world.
- cruise between Geiranger and Hellesylt in the embrace of the towering cliffs of Geirangerfjord
- hop aboard the dramatic Flåmsbana railway between wild Hardangervidda and Flåm
- immerse yourself in the Jugensdstil era in architecturally unique Ålesund
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sognefjorden, Flåm, Aurland, Undredal, Gudvangen & Nærøyfjord, Lærdalsøyri (Lærdal), Vik, Balestrand, Sogndal, Solvorn & around, Urnes, Skjolden, Jostedalsbreen, Fjærland, Jostedalen & Nigardsbreen, Briksdalsbreen, Kjenndalsbreen & Bødalsbreen, Nordfjord, Olden, Loen, Stryn, Florø & around, Måløy, Selje & Selja Island, Åndalsnes, Valldal & around, Geiranger, Hellesylt, Norangsdalen, Runde, Ålesund & around, Molde & around, Averøy, Kristiansund & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.