*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Norway - The Western Fjords (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Western Fjords chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Gouged and scoured by glaciers, ancient and modern, western Norway’s deep, sea-drowned valleys are pincered by steep, rugged terrain. It’s a landscape that is so utterly unique and so profoundly beautiful that it is one of the most desirable destinations in the world.
- cruise between Geiranger and Hellesylt in the embrace of the towering cliffs of Geirangerfjord
- hop aboard the dramatic Flåmsbana railway between wild Hardangervidda and Flåm
- immerse yourself in the Jugensdstil era in architecturally unique Ålesund
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sognefjorden, Flåm, Aurland, Undredal, Gudvangen & Nærøyfjord, Lærdalsøyri (Lærdal), Vik, Balestrand, Sogndal, Solvorn & around, Urnes, Skjolden, Jostedalsbreen, Fjærland, Jostedalen & Nigardsbreen, Briksdalsbreen, Kjenndalsbreen & Bødalsbreen, Nordfjord, Olden, Loen, Stryn, Florø & around, Måløy, Selje & Selja Island, Åndalsnes, Valldal & around, Geiranger, Hellesylt, Norangsdalen, Runde, Ålesund & around, Molde & around, Averøy, Kristiansund & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.