*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Norway - The Far North (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Far North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
The northernmost counties of Troms and Finnmark arc across the very top of Europe, where broad horizons share the land with dense forest. Like most of the relatively few visitors who make it this far north, come in summer to enjoy Tromsø; the museums of this sparky, self-confident place will orient you for the Arctic lands beyond.
- cycle or drive the spectacular, lightly trafficked northern coast of the island of Senja
- visit the museums, parliament and knifemakers to learn about the unique culture of the Sami in Karasjok
- check out Alta’s Stone-Age rock carvings, a Unesco World Heritage Site
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Troms, Tromsø & around, Senja, Setermoen & around, Alta & around, Hammerfest, Nordkapp & Magerøya, Lakselv & around, Stabbursnes, Tana Bru, Vadsø, Vardø, Kirkenes, Grense Jakobselv, Pasvik River Valley, Karasjok, Kautokeino, Reisa National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.