Norway - The Far North (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Far North chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Norway’s northernmost counties of Troms and Finnmark arc across the very top of Europe, where broad horizons share the land with dense forest. Although winter tourism is on the rise, most travellers come in summer to enjoy Tromsø, the region’s major town.
- cycle or drive the spectacular, lightly trafficked northern coast of beautiful Senja
- visit the museums, parliament and knifemakers in Karasjok to learn about the unique cul-ture of the Sami
- explore Alta’s fabulous open-air museum, a Unesco World Heritage Site, to see stone-age rock carvings
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Troms, Tromsø, Lyngen Alps, Øvre Dividal National Park, Senja, Western Finnmark, Alta, Hammerfest, Nordkapp & Magerøya, Lakselv, Stabbursnes, Eastern Finnmark, Tana Bru, Vadsø, Vardø, Kirkenes, Pasvik River Valley, Inner Finnmark, Ka-rasjok, Kautokeino.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.