*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Norway - Southern Norway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Norway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Come summer, the southern coastline draws Norwegian holidaymakers in droves. With a string of pristine coastal villages of whitewashed timber beside an island-studded sea, it’s not difficult to see why. For travellers, the ‘Norwegian Riviera’ offers a chance to experience a totally different destination from that of the fjords and high plateaus of the tourist brochures, one that is at once cosmopolitan and essentially Norwegian.
- hike the haunting wilderness of the Hardangervidda Plateau, home to Europe’s largest herd of wild reindeer
- take the quiet, beautiful coastal road between Flekkefjord and Egersund
- climb to the summit of Gausta, Norway’s most beautiful mountain
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Coast, Tønsberg, Sandefjord, Larvik & around, Kragerø, Risør & around, Arendal & around, Grimstad, Lillesand, Kristiansand & around, Mandal, Lindesnes, Flekkefjord, Egersund, Kongsberg, The Telemark Canal, Rjukan, Tuddal, Seljord, Setesdalen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.