Norway - Southern Norway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Norway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guide-book.
Come summer, the southern coastline draws Norwegian holidaymakers in droves. With a string of pristine coastal villages of whitewashed timber beside complex networks of bays and skerries (rocky islets) and a shimmering sea, it’s not difficult to see why.
- strike out on foot across the haunting Hardangervidda Plateau, home to Europe’s largest herd of wild reindeer
- board a slow boat down the Telemark Canal to the interior gem of Dalen
- summit Norway’s most beautiful mountain, Gausta
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Coast, Tønsberg, Sandefjord, Larvik & Around, Kragerø, Risør, Arendal, Grimstad, Lillesand, Kristiansand, Mandal, Lindesnes, Flekkefjord, Egersund, The Interior, Kongsberg, The Telemark Canal, Rjukan, Seljord, Setesdalen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation