Norway - Nordland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nordland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Heading northwards through long, slim Nordland, lush fields give way to lakes and forests. Above the curve of the Arctic Circle, travellers get their first taste of the midnight sun in summer, while in winter, the northern lights dance across the night sky.
- drive along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, the Kystriksveien Coastal Route, from Sandnessjøen to Storvik
- take the Lofoten ferry from Skutvik to Svolvær, one of the world’s great ferry journeys
- return to the postcard-perfect fishing past of Lofoten in the lovely village of Nusfjord
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arctic Highway, Mosjøen, Mo i Rana, Salt-fjellet-Svartisen National Park, Fauske, Narvik, Kystriksveien – The Coastal Route, Brønnøysund, Vega, Sandnessjøen, Træna, Lovund, Bodø, Saltstraumen, Lofoten, Austvågøy, Vestvågøy, Flakstadøy, Moskenesøy, Southern Islands, Vesterålen, Langøya, Andøya, Hinnøya.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.