Norway - Central Norway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Norway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Bleak tundra and dramatic mountain massifs at seemingly every turn, charming villages, stave churches, fascinating wildlife and arguably Norway’s best hiking and white-water rafting – with so much going for it, central Norway more than matches the fjords.
- cros lofty mountain passes and pass frozen lakes on the stunning Sognefjellet Road
- spot your first ever musk ox or moose on a wildlife safari in Dovrefjell-Sunndalsfjella Na-tional Park
- trek the many mountain trails of high-altitude Jotunheimen National Park, one of Norway’s best
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Eastern Central Norway, Lillehammer, Hunderfossen, Hamar, Trysil, Røros, Femundsmarka National Park, Oppdal, Trollheimen, Dombås, Dov-refjell-Sunndalsfjella National Park, Otta, Rondane National Park, Ringebu, Western Central Norway, Lom, Jotunheime National Park, Hardangervidda, Geilo, Finse.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation