Norway - Bergen & the Southwestern Fjords (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bergen & the Southwestern Fjords chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
If we could visit only one region of Norway and hope to grasp the essence of the country’s appeal, this would be it. Cool, cultured Bergen is one of the world’s most-beautiful cities, with its streets of whitewashed timber cottages climbing steep hillsides from the harbour.
- soak up the Hanseatic heritage of Norway’s most beautiful harbour in Bergen
- trek up to the edge of the dizzying, sky-topping cliff of Preikestolen
- take a leisurely cruise along the course of the stunning Lysefjord
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bergen, Voss & Around, Myrkdalen, Stalheim, Hardangerfjord, Norheimsund, Øystese, Ulvik, Eidfjord, Kinsarvik, Lofthus, Utne, Odda, Røldal, Folgefonna National Park, Rosendal, Haugalandet, Haugesund, Karmøy Island, Stavanger, Lysefjord.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.