*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Norway - Bergen & the Southwestern Fjords (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bergen & the Southwestern Fjords chapter from Lonely Planet’s Norway guidebook.
Cool, cultured Bergen is one of the world’s most beautiful cities, with its streets of white-washed timber cottages climbing steep hillsides up from busy Vågen Harbour. It’s a destination in itself but also the ideal starting point for a journey into splendid Hardangerfjord, with its gorgeous fjord-side villages.
- explore the enchanting Unesco World Heritage site of Bryggen in Bergen
- go for a glaier walk atop the icecap in Folgefonna National Park
- savour a local ale at the dockside bars in Stavanger
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bergen, Voss & around, Evangar, Myrkdalen, Stalheim, Myrdal, Hardangerfjord, Norheimsund, Øystese, Ulvik, Eidfjord & around, Kinsarvik & Lofthus, Utne, Odda & around, Rosendal & around, Haugelandet & Ryfylke, Haugesund, Karmøy Island, Stavanger, Lysefjord.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.