Northern California - Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada (PDF Chapter)
This is the Yosemite & the Sierra Nevada chapter from Lonely Planet’s Northern Califor-nia guidebook.
The eastern spine of California is a formidable but exquisite topographical barrier enclosing magnificent natural landscapes, majestic national parks, decomposing ghost towns, bubbling natural hot springs, ancient rock formations and Native American tribes that still call it home.
- marvel at the waterfall gush in spring at Yosemite National Park
- whoosh down the wintertime heights of snow-draped Mammoth Mountain
- gaze heavenward through the celestial sequoia canopies of Sequoia & Kings Canyon Na-tional Parks
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Gateways, Fish Camp, Oakhurst, Merced River Canyon, Mariposa, Groveland, Kings Canyon National Park, Sequoia National Park, Eastern Sierra, Mono Lake Region, Mammoth Lakes & Around, Bishop, Big Pine, Independence, Lone Pine.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.