Northern California - Understand Northern California and Surivial Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Northern California Today, History, The Way of Life, Music & the Arts, By the Book, The Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Northern California guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food and arts, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on people and cultural events
- info on Northern California’s architectural highlights
- full coverage for foodies
- details on the land, wildlife and and sustainability
Coverage includes: Northern California Today, History, The Way of Life, Music & the Arts, By the Book, The Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.