Northern California - San Francisco (PDF Chapter)
This is the San Francisco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Northern California guide-book.
San Francisco’s morning fog erases the boundaries between land and ocean, reality and in-finite possibility. Rules are never strictly followed here, but bliss is. Pursue inspiration through Golden Gate Park, past flamboyantly painted Victorian homes and through Mission galleries.
- follow your bliss through SF’s mile-wide wild streak: Golden Gate Park
- see how real life is cooler than science fiction at the Exploratorium
- watch fog dance atop the deco towers of the Golden Gate Bridge
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours & Courses, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.