Northern California - Northern Moutnains (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Mountains chapter from Lonely Planet’s Northern California guidebook.
Prepare yourself for something completely different: vast expanses of wilderness, divided by rivers and streams, dotted with cobalt lakes, horse ranches and alpine peaks. Come to get lost in vast remoteness.
- gape at geothermal spectacles in Lassen Volcanic National Park
- explore deep caves and examining ancient petroglyphs at Lava Beds National Monu-ment
- hike and ski Mt Shasta, NorCal’s most majestic mountain
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Redding & Around, Shasta Lake, Mt Lassen Region, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Lassen National Forest, Lake Almanor Area, Susanville, Eagle Lake, Quincy, Bucks Lake, Mt Shasta & Around, Mt Shasta City, Dunsmuir, Castle Crags State Park, McCloud, McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park & Around, Lava Beds National Monument, Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuges, Modoc National Forest, West of I-5, Weav-erville, Lewiston Lake, Trinity Lake, Klamath & Siskiyou Mountains, Scott Valley, Yreka.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.