*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Northern California - North Coast & Redwoods (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Coast & Redwoods chapter from Lonely Planet’s Northern California guidebook.
The craggy cliffs, towering redwoods and windswept bluffs of the north have little in common with California’s other coastline. Visitors explore hidden coves, scan the horizon for migrating whales and retreat at night to fire-warmed Victorians.
- explore the gargantuan forests and dramatic coast of Redwood National & State Parks
- feel small amongst the standing and fallen giants in Humboldt Redwoods State Park
- hike the lush, remote and wild Lost Coast
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Coastal Highway 1, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast State Beach, Jenner, Fort Ross State Historic Park, Salt Point State Park, Sea Ranch, Gualala & Anchor Bay, Point Arena, Manchester, Elk, Van Damme State Park, Mendocino, Jug Handle State Reserve, Fort Bragg, MacKerricher State Park, Westport, Highway 101, Hopland, Clear Lake, Anderson Valley, Ukiah, Around Ukiah, Willits, Southern Redwood Coast, Leggett, Richardson Grove State Park, Benbow Lake, Garberville, Lost Coast, Humboldt Redwoods State Park & Avenue of the Giants, Scotia, Ferndale, Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Eureka, Samoa Peninsula, Arcata, Northern Redwood Coast, Trinidad, Patrick’s Point State Park, Humboldt Lagoons State Park, Redwood National & State Parks, Klamath, Crescent City, Tolowa Dunes State Park & Lake Earl Wildlife Area, Pelican State Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.