Northern California - North Coast & Redwoods (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the North Coast & Redwoods chapter from Lonely Planet’s Northern Califor-nia guidebook.
This is not the Beach Boys’ California – there are no palm-flanked beaches and few surf-boards. Instead, explore hidden coves with a blanket and a bottle of local wine, scan the horizon for migrating whales and retreat at night to fire-warmed Victorians.
- hike along meandering trails of Redwood National Park, flanked by virgin redwood forests that will give you a crick in your neck
- climb to the top of historic Point Arena Lighthouse for sweeping views over the extraordi-nary coastline
- admire the dazzle of plants and flowers at the coast-side Mendocino Coast Botanical Gar-dens
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Coastal Highway 1, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast State Beach, Jenner, Fort Ross State Historic Park, Salt Point State Park, Sea Ranch, Gualala & An-chor Bay, Point Arena, Manchester, Elk, Van Damme State Park, Mendocino, Jug Handle State Reserve, Fort Bragg, MacKerricher State Park, Westport, Along Highway 101, Hopland, Clear Lake, Anderson Valley, Ukiah & Around, Willits, Southern Redwood Coast, Leggett, Richardson Grove State Park, Garberville, Lost Coast, Humboldt Redwoods State Park & Avenue of the Gi-ants, Scotia, Ferndale, Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge, Eureka, Samoa Peninsula, Arca-ta, Northern Redwood Coast, Trinidad, Patrick’s Point State Park, Humboldt Lagoons State Park, Redwood National & State Parks, Klamath, Crescent City, Tolowa Dunes State Park & Lake Earl Wildlife Area, Pelican State Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.