Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - Monet's Normandy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Monet’s Normandy Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
This eclectic trip takes art lovers on a fascinating spin around eastern Normandy. En route you’ll hit the key landscapes and cities that inspired Monet, the father of impressionism.
- enjoy phenomenal views of the dramatic coastline at Étretat
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore Giverny, the cradle of impressionism
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- admire Rouen’s stunning cathedral and old town
- discover even more with background information and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Giverny, Rouen, Dieppe, St-Valery-en-Caux, Fécamp, Étretat, Côte d’Albâtre, Le Havre, Honfleur, Deauville, Trouville-sur-Mer.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map