Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - In Flanders Fields Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the In Flanders Fields Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
WWI history comes to life in this tour of the battlefields where Allied and German troops endured three years of trench warfare. Stopovers in Lille, Arras and Amiens offer an urban counterpoint.
- see a sobering maze of overgrown trenches, untouched since WWI
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- visit an underground quarry turned battlefield
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- go on a boat tour of medieval market gardens
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes:Lille, Vimy Ridge, Arras, Newfoundland Memorial, Thiepval, Las Boisselle, Amiens, Villers-Bretonneux, Péronne, Somme American Cemetery, Flanders, Artois, Arras, Battle of the Somme, Flanders & Artois Memorials and Picardy.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.