Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - D-Day Beaches Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the D-Day’s Beaches Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
Explore the events of D-Day, when Allied troops stormed ashore to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation. From war museums to landing beaches, it’s a fascinating and sobering experience.
- wander among shell craters that haven’t changed since D-Day
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- pay your respects at the Normandy American Cemetery & Memorial
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- visit an award-winning D-Day museum
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Caen, Ouistreham, Juno & Gold Beaches, Arromanches, Longues-sur-Merm, Bayeux, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach, Normandy, Rouen, Dieppe, Côte d’Albâtre, Le Havre, Les Andelys, D-Day Beaches, Trouville, Deauville and Honfleur.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.