Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips - D-Day Beaches (PDF Chapter)
This is the D-Day’s Beaches Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips guidebook.
Explore the events of D-Day, when Allied troops stormed ashore to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation. From war museums to landing beaches, it’s a fascinating and sobering experience.
- wander among shell craters that haven’t changed since D-Day at Pointe du Hoc
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- pay your respects at the Normandy American Cemetery & Memorial at Omaha Beach
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- visit an award-winning multimedia D-Day museum in Caen
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Caen, Ouistreham, Juno & Gold Beaches, Arromanches, Longues-sur-Mer, Bayeux, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.