Nicaragua - San Carlos, Islas Solentiname & the Rio San Juan (PDF Chapter)
This is the San Carlos, Islas Solentiname & the Río San Juan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
This is perhaps Nicaragua’s best kept secret. With the sweet Archipiélago de Solentiname, a remote group of islands with an artistically minded population, as well as towns and villages along Río San Juan and the spectacular Reserva Biológica Indio-Maíz, it is not to be missed.
- hike, swim and stargaze on the peacefully artistic Islas Solentiname
- catch up with your reading while swinging in a hammock on a riverside balcony in Boca de Sábalos
- scale El Castillo, an imposing Spanish fortress with delectable river views, and explore the surrounding jungle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Carlos, San Miguelito, Islas Solentiname, Refugio de Vida Silvestre Los Guatuzos, Río San Juan.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.