Nicaragua - Northern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guide-book.
With a little time and commitment you can get pounded by waterfalls; explore Somoto’s canyon; and pay tribute to the pirates, colonists, revolutionaries, artists and poets who were inspired by these fertile mountains and mingled with the open-hearted people who’ve lived here for genera-tions.
- pick coffee beans beneath the towering cloud forest and seeing how locals live and work in Reserva Natural Cerro Datanlí–El Diablo
- scramble, swim and float along the magnificent Cañon de Somoto
- ride horses through delightful countryside to secluded swimming holes in Ãrea Protegida Mi-raflor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Estelí, Ãrea Protegida Miraflor, Condega, Somoto, Ocotal & Around, Dipilto, Jalapa & Around, Estel–Jinotega Road, Jinotega, Reserva Natural Cerro Datanlí–El Diablo, Lago de Apanás, Matagalpa & Around, San Ramón, Reserva Natural Cerro El Arenal, La Dalia & Peñas Blancas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.