*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Nicaragua - Northern Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Nicaragua guidebook.
You’ve arrived in a place where colorful quetzals nest in misty cloud forests, and where Nicaragua’s best coffee and tobacco are cultivated. Duck into ancient, crumbling cathedrals, get pounded by waterfalls, and explore recently discovered canyons.
- pick coffee beans beneath the towering cloud forest at Reserva Natural Cerro Datanlí–El Diablo
- scramble, swim and float along the magnificent Cañon de Somoto gorge
- ride horses at Área Protegida Miraflor through magnificent countryside to swimming holes
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Estelí, Área Protegida Miraflor, Área Protegida Cerro Tisey-Estanzuela, Condega, Somoto, Ocotal, Dipilto, Jalapa, Jinotega, Reserva Natural Cerro Datanlí–El Diablo, Lago de Apanás, Matagalpa & around, San Ramón, Reserva Natural Cerro El Arenal, La Dalia & Peñas Blancas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.